The Press About Us
To read what the press is saying about Honda Manufacturing of Indiana, click a link below.
Check back often for updates.
Honda Celebrates 5 Years of Production in Indiana
GREENSBURG, Ind. (October 9, 2013) – Honda Manufacturing of Indiana, LLC (HMIN) celebrates its 5th anniversary of mass production today.
On October 9, 2008, Honda began producing1 the fuel-efficient, 4-cylinder Honda Civic Sedan with 1,000 associates and one shift. Today, HMIN’s two-shift operation features more than 2,000 Hoosiers producing not only the Civic Sedan, but also the Honda Civic Natural Gas, the Acura ILX, Acura ILX Hybrid and the Civic Hybrid. HMIN boasts one of the most diverse lineups of advanced environmental vehicles of any plant in North America.
Honda Manufacturing of Indiana Earns EPA's ENERGY STAR(R) Certification for Superior Energy Efficiency
Honda Greensburg Plant and plants in Ohio perform in top 25 percent
GREENSBURG, Indiana, Jan. 8, 2013 – Honda Manufacturing of Indiana (HMIN) earned the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency's (EPA's) ENERGY STAR certification for the first time.
ENERGY STAR certification signifies that HMIN performs in the top 25 percent of similar facilities nationwide for energy efficiency. The EPA bases the award on the amount of energy needed to produce an automobile, taking into account factors such as vehicle size and production volume.
Upon starting auto production in 2008, HMIN incorporated the latest technologies to achieve energy-efficient operations. With the start of two full shifts in late 2011, energy characteristics designed into the plant allowed it to achieve top energy performance.
HMIN's energy efficient technology includes paint booth designs that minimize the volume of temperature-controlled air, as well as systems to facilitate heat recovery and to recycle exhaust air. The Greensburg plant also incorporated a building management system to optimize the control of heating, cooling and lighting needs.
"We are proud of our young team at the Greensburg plant," said Bob Nelson, HMIN's senior vice president. "Being an energy efficient company is important to us and we place a big focus on our efforts to reduce any environmental impact."
Honda automobile assembly plants in Ohio have earned the same designation for the sixth year. Honda of America Mfg.'s auto assembly plants in Marysville and East Liberty, Ohio have ongoing initiatives to reduce energy consumption. Major areas include installation of energy-efficient equipment, implementing new technologies in auto-body painting systems and lighting efficiency improvements.
ENERGY STAR was introduced by EPA in 1992 as a voluntary, market-based partnership to reduce greenhouse gas emissions through energy efficiency.
"Improving the energy efficiency of our nation's industrial facilities is critical to protecting our environment, " said Jean Lupinacci, Chief of the ENERGY STAR Commercial & Industrial Branch. "From the plant floor to the board room, organizations are leading the way by making their facilities more efficient and earning EPA's ENERGY STAR certification."
Today, the ENERGY STAR label can be found on more than 60 different kinds of products as well as new homes and commercial and industrial buildings that meet strict energy-efficiency specifications set by the EPA.
Over the past twenty years, American families and businesses have saved a total of nearly $230 billion on utility bills and prevented more than 1.7 billion metric tons of greenhouse gas emissions with help from ENERGY STAR.
For more information about ENERGY STAR Certification for Industrial Facilities: www.energystar.gov/labeledbuildings
Honda Environmental Leadership
Honda is a leader in the development of leading-edge technologies to improve fuel efficiency and reduce CO2 emissions.
In 2006, Honda became the first automaker to announce voluntary CO2 emissions reduction targets for its global fleet of automobile, power sports and power equipment products and its global network of manufacturing plants. In 2011, the company set a new CO2 emission reduction targets for 2020, including a 30% reduction in CO2 emissions from its products compared with 2000 levels.
The company leads all automakers with twelve LEED-Certified "Green Buildings" in North America, and last year announced that ten of its 14 North American manufacturing facilities are zero-waste to landfill.
# # #
Honda media contacts:
Anita Sipes, Honda Mfg. of Indiana
Ron Lietzke, Honda of America, Mfg.
Connect to Honda:
Honda Multimedia Newsroom (for media only): http://www.hondanews.com
Honda of America Mfg., Inc. (Press Room): www.ohio.honda.com
Honda News & Views: http://www.honda.com/news
Honda in America: http://www.hondainamerica.com
Honda on Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/americanhonda
Honda of America Mfg. on Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/hondamfgohio
Honda on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/honda
Honda on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/honda
Honda on Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/hondanews
Honda Website: http://www.honda.com
1 Millionth Honda Auto Export
Departs California Port, Bound for South Korea
Honda associates from throughout the U.S. on hand to mark historic milestone
TORRANCE, Calif., Dec. 12, 2012 – A 2013 Honda Accord Sedan yesterday boarded a ship at Port Hueneme in Ventura County, Calif. bound for Seoul, South Korea, officially becoming the 1 millionth Honda vehicle exported from the U.S. The milestone comes 25 years after the first U.S.-made Honda automobile was exported overseas.
- Honda Marks 30 Years of U.S. Auto Production
- Honda's Indiana Plant to Boost Production Capacity, Add Civic Hybrid
- Honda Begins Production of All-New 2013 Acura ILX at Indiana Plant
- Honda Announces Leadership Change
- New Acura ILX Concept Debuts at North American International Auto Show
- New Acura Sedan to be Built at Award-winning Plant in Greensburg
- Honda Civic Natural Gas Named 2012 Green Car of the Year
- Honda Auto Plant in Indiana Begins Second Shift of Production
- Honda Manufacturing of Indiana Starts Production of All-new 2012 Civic Natural Gas Model
- Honda Manufacturing of Indiana Celebrates as J.D. Power and Associates Brings Honors to Indiana
- Lugar Names Honda Manufacturing of Indiana a Lugar Energy Patriot
- Honda Honors Top Maintenance, Repair and Operational Suppliers
- Honda Manufacturing of Indiana to Start Second Shift October 24 Creating Approximately 1,000 New Jobs
- Honda Manufacturing of Indiana Receives Platinum Quality Award in 2011 J.D. Power and Associates Initial Quality Study
- Honda Manufacturing of Indiana Announces Leadership Change
- Honda Manufacturing of Indiana Donates Labor, Recycling Containers to Clean Up Local Parks
- Honda Manufacturing of Indiana Honored as 'Company of the Year'
- Honda Manufacturing of Indiana Helps Train Local Firefighters
- Honda Manufacturing of Indiana Receives LEED Green Building Certification for Welcome Center
- Honda Promotes Safe Driving with New Campaign
- Honda Manufacturing of Indiana Announces Leadership Change
- Honda to Display Its Environmental Focus During Earth Day Indiana on April 24
- Honda Reaches 100,000-unit Milestone in Indiana With Production of Civic at HMIN
- Honda’s Indiana Plant Begins Production of 2010 Civic Sedans for Export
- Honda Begins Production of Civic GX Natural
Contact Info: For media inquiries, please contact HMIN_cc@hmin.honda.com or 812.222.6000 ext. 75278.